Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What I Love About Writing

I'm too lazy to blog today, so I'll simply repeat from my website the top ten reasons why I became a writer:

1. It gives me a good excuse to stay up half the night and get up at noon.
2. If the real world is getting me down, I can invent a new world where I make the rules.
3. I learn interesting stuff while doing research for my stories.
4. If someone makes me mad I turn them into a villain in a book and make all sorts of nasty things happen to them.
5. I can sit there staring into space for an hour and tell people, "Don't interrupt me, I'm working!"
6. I can get away with doing weird things in the name of research.
7. People stop me in the street and ask for my autograph (this hasn't actually happened to me yet, but I'm sure it will soon).
8. I can do your work anywhere, anytime.
9. Being a children's author gives me an excuse to read children's books.
10. I get to meet interesting people such as other authors, the people I interview for research, and best of all, the people who read my books!

No comments:

Post a Comment